From the Commander:
I would like to start by thanking everyone for their patience as we work to transition our newsletter to an online edition. All of the committees within the Post are working on putting together a “year in review” to bring everyone up to date on what they have been up to this year.
One of our biggest accomplishments is the opening of the Disabled Veteran Outdoor Dining Area which is at about 90% completion. We look forward to holding a grand opening in the Spring and having our members enjoy the outdoor area and the beautiful Spring weather. If you haven’t been to the Post in a while, please stop in and take a look at our “new look”.
Please make note of our weekly events:
- Tuesdays – Bingo starts at 5:30
- Thursdays – Burger Night; Half Pound Prime Rib Burger w/fixings for $8.00. 5:30 – 8 pm
- **Last Thursday of every month is Rockin’ Wings, our famous wings for $1 each, 5:30 – 8 pm
- Fridays – Fish Fry, 5:30 – 8 pm
In addition to our regular events, mark your calendars for the following special events:
Saturday, November 4th
- The Auxiliary will be hosting Tupperware Bingo, 6 – 11 pm
- The Post will be hosting a Firearms and Vendors Show, 10 am – 3 pm
Saturday, November 11th
- Annual Veterans Day Ceremony at Cortesi Park, 10 – 11:15 am with lunch at the Post immediately following. In case of bad weather, the ceremony will be held inside at the VFW.
Thursday, November 23rd
- We will once again be hosting Naval Recruits from Great Lakes as well as providing holiday food baskets for needy families in the Community.
Saturday, December 1st
- Joyful Traditions – the VFW will be serving food to the community during the Annual Holiday Celebration
Please check our website www.villaparkvfw.org or our Facebook page for more details
By the way, if you haven’t liked us on Facebook yet, please “like” us today to be the first to know about new events and other happenings at Post 2801.
Please stay tuned for more great things happening at Post 2801
Rick Schwerdtner, Commander Post 2801